This month we invite entries of the tiniest youngest members of our society focusing on ‘newborns’. The images may concentrate on just the infant or the interaction of parents with their new offspring. The images may be taken in the studio or environmentally – colour or black and white, it is up to you.
Win one years membership to The Societies and a full copy of DxO Optics Pro 9!
As with all competitions remember that good camera craft skills with accuracy of exposure is essential, good lighting is also beneficial, along with decisive cropping and excellent postproduction skills.
- Free to enter for all photographers including non members
- A maximum of three images per entrant are welcome
- The work must be that of the entrant
- No entry will be eligible that has been made under the supervision of an instructor or as a class assignment
- No distinguishing marks on the images
- Images submitted must be no larger than 2000 pixels wide
- All entrants must be able to supply a high resolution image (300dpi)
- For the purpose of this competition any baby under 12 months is classed as newborn
- Copyright of the images remains with the photographer - The Societies recognises that the entrant, the author of the photograph, retains complete and full ownership of the copyright in each submission
- Entries can be used for publicity purposes only by The Societies and may be printed in our magazine Professional Imagemaker, also promotional purposes
- Competition Closed
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- One year Free Membership of any of our Societies - which includes: entry to all of our membership only competitions - unrestricted access to our members photography forum – listing on our directory - image mentoring - qualifications and distinctions through submission of images - the winner will also receive our magazine Professional Imagemaker for 12 months
- The overall winner will also win a full copy of DxO Optics Pro 9 worth £119.
No cash alternatives will be given
View the winners HERE
Kindly sponsored by DxO
Photo Quote: Simply look with perceptive eyes at the world about you, and trust to your own reactions and convictions. Ask yourself: "Does this subject move me to feel, think and dream? Can I visualize a print - my own personal statement of what I feel and want to convey - from the subject before me? - Ansel Adams