This month competition focuses on the topic of ‘Portraiture’.
Here is your opportunity to show your creativity by entering this Portraiture photography competition. We want to see your best images of pets, family groups, studio, location, children, brides or any type of portrait images you can think of. Be open and let's see your best!
As with all competitions remember that good camera craft skills with accuracy of exposure is essential, good lighting is also beneficial, along with decisive cropping and excellent postproduction skills.
- Free to enter for all photographers including non members
- A maximum of three images per entrant are welcome
- The work must be that of the entrant
- No entry will be eligible that has been made under the supervision of an instructor or as a class assignment
- No distinguishing marks on the images
- Images submitted must be no larger than 2000 pixels wide
- All entrants must be able to supply a high resolution image (300dpi)
- Copyright of the images remains with the photographer - The Societies recognises that the entrant, the author of the photograph, retains complete and full ownership of the copyright in each submission
- Entries can be used for publicity purposes only by The Societies and may be printed in our magazine Professional Imagemaker, also promotional purposes
- Competition closes April 30 2019
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
View all entries here
Enter three images into this competition free of charge - if you would like to enter additional images you may do so for the nominal fee of £2 (GBP) per image. Once you have completed the entry form if you wish to enter more images you will be guided to the payment option for additional images. We look forward to seeing your entries.
- Overall Winner - DxO PhotoLab 2 Elite software worth £159, One year Free Membership of any of our Societies - which includes: entry to all of our membership only competitions - unrestricted access to our members' photography forum - access to our members only Facebook group - listing on our directory - qualifications and distinctions through submission of images - the winner will also receive our magazine
Professional Imagemaker for 12 months
DxO PhotoLab 2 ELITE Edition softwareDesigned by and for photographers with exacting standards, DxO PhotoLab 2 offers the most powerful and flexible correction tools on the market. The software received recognition from TIPA for the Best Imaging Software in 2018. DxO PhotoLab 2 introduces ClearView Plus, the latest version of DxO’s incredibly effective haze removal and local contrast improvement tool, as well as DxO PhotoLibrary, a brand-new image and data management feature that lets users search, select, sort, and display images. DxO PhotoLab 2 also supports DCP colour profiles, which maintains consistent colour renderings across the industry's main programs. For more information: https://www.dxo.com/dxo-photolab/
We are listed with Photo Contest Insider
Photo Quote: Very often people looking at my pictures say, 'You must have had to wait a long time to get that cloud just right (or that shadow, or the light).' As a matter of fact, I almost never wait, that is, unless I can see that the thing will be right in a few minutes. But if I must wait an hour for the shadow to move, or the light to change, or the cow to graze in the other direction, then I put up my camera and go on, knowing that I am likely to find three subjects just as good in the same hour. - Edward Weston
- Overall Winner - DxO PhotoLab 2 Elite software worth £159, One year Free Membership of any of our Societies - which includes: entry to all of our membership only competitions - unrestricted access to our members' photography forum - access to our members only Facebook group - listing on our directory - qualifications and distinctions through submission of images - the winner will also receive our magazine Professional Imagemaker for 12 months