Sunday 20th April 2014
Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
Powered by FeedBurner
Other Photographic News and Reviews
Read more on
photographic articles published in the Professional Imagemaker magazine,
a magazine for professional and aspiring photographers
- 26/06/12 Marzano
Keeps Pictorvision Eclipse Flying Filmmaking in Europe over the past 12 months has been phenomenally busy
- 21/06/12 Pixum starts the BBQ
season Pixum starts the BBQ season: Personalised photo products for unforgettable BBQ parties Individual accessories make the difference
- 20/06/12 Manfrotto Announces New
LINO Apparel Collection for Women Manfrotto, the leading global provider of imaging supports and accessories, has launched the LINO women’s apparel line
- 27/02/12 Big Cinematic Romance AKM Music have released a new collection of cinematic romantic scores which can add a stunning new dimension to your wedding photography
- 17/01/12 Swann Releases Swann
Freestyle HD The new wearable action video camera from Swann is perfect for capturing every legendary moment of adventure packed activity
- 05/12/11 Fujifilm
introduces skincare products to the European market Starting in early 2012, expanding business in several countries
- 20/09/11 Canon
ultra-large-scale, ultra-high-sensitivity CMOS sensor Canon ultra-large-scale, ultra-high-sensitivity CMOS sensor makes possible wide field-of-view video recording of meteors with equivalent apparent magnitude of 10
- 19/09/11 Photo calendars
now available with high-gloss Photo calendars are the perfect personal present. Now Printing-1 is offering personal photo calendars with optional gloss.
the first HD-Ready 3LCD projector with iPod docking station Watch and share music, videos and photos with Epson’s MG-850HD Available exclusively to order from Apple online stores throughout October
- 10/08/11 KODAK Imaging
Technology Used To Explore Jupiter KODAK CCD Image Sensor To Help Provide Unprecedented Views of Jupiter As Part of Juno Mission
- 15/07/11 Olympus
Collaborates with Alex James To celebrate the launch of the LS-20; a new recorder to capture HD sound with HD movies, Olympus is pleased to announce its collaboration with Harvest
- 12/07/11 High def sound
makes movies come alive The new LS-20 Linear PCM digital recorder is the latest addition to Olympus’ music range. It builds on the current LS-11 and LS-5 to offer recording studio sound quality with HD movie capture.
- 07/06/11 Canon launches innovative top-of-range LV projector Canon’s flexible LV-8320 offers compatibility with many high resolution digital devices, innovative split screen options and a 1.6 x zoom lens
- 07/06/11 Acme Made Compact
Mega Zoom (CMZ) pouches Market leaders of innovative, protective gear for imaging and technology align to expand offerings.
- 02/06/11 Quantum Swappage
Scheme Flaghead Photographic, the UK & Ireland distributors for Quantum products, have announced a SWAPPAGE SCHEME for Quantum batteries & Qflash units
- 25/05/11 Kingston Digital Adds 32GB Class 10 microSDHC Card Higher Capacity Matches Growing Smartphone, Tablet PC Use
23/05/11 Leaf Redesigns
Aptus-II User Interface with release of Leaf Capture 11.5 Leaf Imaging, a leading provider of digital camera backs for medium format cameras, today announced that its latest release of Leaf Capture software delivers a newly designed touch screen GUI (Graphic User Interface).
- 16/05/11 Get inspired at Unveiled, our unique wedding
photography event After the success of our inaugural Unveiled event in 2010, the British Journal of Photography has teamed up again with Hasselblad UK and Wedding Magazine to bring you another exciting masterclass
- 15/05/11 The Sunbounce Kid
comes to town World-acclaimed celebrity portrait photographer Greg Gorman is set to hold an exclusive workshop in London on June 13, as part of a European tour
- 27/04/11 The NEW WALKSTOOL STEADY Flaghead Photographic Limited, distributors of the Swedish Walkstool, is pleased to announce the arrival of the Walkstool Steady!
- 27/04/11 Wacom Introduces Bamboo
Stylus For iPad Design, ergonomics and natural feel deliver premium writing and sketching experience to iPad users
10/03/11 Safe Storage Made Easy Visitors to this year’s Focus on Imaging have been inspired by the range of high quality conservation storage and display products showcased on the Timecare stand
- 10/03/11 KODAK PULSE Digital Frame Goes
Social Winner of 2011 Innovations Award for Eco-Design and Sustainable Technology
- 10/03/11 Kenro announces Reflecta deal Leading photographic distributor, Kenro, has been named the UK and Ireland distributor for Reflecta, the digitisation specialists
- 21/01/11 MDRP360 - Latest innovative
camera accessory to market Jarcom Ltd announces launch of McRoy Digital long range wireless power panner head for cameras
- 08/12/10 Panorama Corrector 2 -
Unrivalled Tool for Correction of Panorama and Perspective Distortions Altostorm Software has announced the release of Panorama Corrector 2, an advanced successor of well-known Rectilinear Panorama
- 07/12/10 How Hamish ‘went mental’ for two
years to pick up four top awards in ten days Ayrshire-based photographer Hamish Scott-Brown has just set the UK photographic world alight after picking up four major photographic awards for an ‘outstanding’ body of work set in bleak and derelict European mental asylums.
18/11/10 Brett Harkness Photography
Training release their first long awaited Training DVD Join Brett & his team at a real life wedding. Packed with extra features, images, hints & tips to help you on your own weddings.
- 26/10/10 Nikon launches my
Picturetown 3D 3D image conversion service that enables viewing of high-quality 3D images without specialized eyewear on a dedicated 3D digital photo frame
- 29/09/10 It’s All White Now Arqadia has increased its ready-made frames collection with new white additions to its Swept and Overmantle ranges.
- 29/09/10 Colourful Creations with Confetti II Following on from the success of Confetti, Arqadia has now introduced the latest Larson-Juhl mouldings collection, Confetti II.
- 29/09/10 Classic European Flair Inspires Marais This Autumn Arqadia introduces Marais, a new Larson-Juhl mouldings collection which offers a mix of classic design with a modern twist
- 29/09/10 Arqadia Expands Loft Frames Range Due to the popularity of its loft swept frames which were launched earlier this year, Arqadia has added two new sizes to the ready made frame range.
- 29/09/10 KODAK NEXPRESS Photo Platform
Targets Growing Business Opportunities in Photo Products Market Solution brings together outstanding colour and unique finishing options
- 29/0910 Kodak cracks the photo book
code, enabling retailers of all sizes to attack premium photo market New, Affordable, Compact Duplex Thermal Printer Delivers Stunning Photo Quality, Highly Profitable Borderless Premium Products
- 29/09/10 KODAK Picture Kiosks Inspire Consumers Around the
World to Create Premium Photo Products Rollout of new KODAK Picture Kiosk Software v4.0 Demonstrates Clear Upsell Opportunity for Photo Retailers
- 20/09/10 Kodak Unveils Revolutionary New
PYNK Smart Print System Early Consumer Acceptance Signals Solid Profit Opportunity With New Photo Category
- 15/09/10 Kenro makes plans for
another successful Photokina Kenro have been supplying the photographic industry for over 38 years, and is gearing up for what promises to be another successful Photokina.
Sinar opens its Camera Systems to Camera Backs from other Manufacturers The Sinar System has become even more versatile: as of right now all digital backs made by other manufacturers can be attached to the leading camera platforms in professional photography
Monkey Business 5 – The Family Portrait Tour September 2010 Mark Cleghorn and his team at PhotoTraining4U are back on the road this September with the next leg of the Monkey Business series and they are giving away a free DVD on “The Portrait Business” for free
- 10/08/10 Wow baby we’ve just won the PhotoTraining4U Apprentice of the Year title Billericay portraiture novice Tracy Sinclair (and baby) pick up the coveted PT4U award 2010
Page 1 -
Articles are believed to be correct at the time of going to press, though
reference to products and services must be verified with the
What our members say Why I like the Societies: Its ability to reach out to a lot of people, and the general good for a professional photographer - James C Find out more about the Societies here
Convention testimonials We should also be saying our thank you's for having faith in our talents and inviting us once more to speak. Feedback has been tremendous and nice emails are coming in. Joe Smith
Find out more about the Convention here
Photo Quote: As I became aware that all things have unique spatial and temporal qualities which visually define and relate them, I began to perceive the things I was photographing not as objects but as events. Working to develop my skills of perceiving and symbolizing these event qualities, I discovered the principle of opposites. When, for example, I photographed the smooth, luminous body of a woman behind a dirty cobwebbed window, I found that the qualities of each event were enhanced and the universal forces which they manifested were more powerfully evoked. - Wynn Bullock
2015 Societies Convention and Trade Show at The Hilton London Metropole Hotel ...
You have 268 days to book for the 2015 Convention Wednesday 14th January 2015