This month’s competition is open to all – and we invite stunning portrait images, which, can be either taken in the studio or environmentally. Portraits of women, men and children are welcome.
Our judges are looking for the highest technical qualities, which include, good lighting, great expressions, pleasing posses or posture. Expressions can reflect a range of emotions, though the narrative has to be clear.Remember that postproduction is important as presentation and print quality is taken into consideration.
- Free to enter for all photographers including non members
- A maximum of three images per entrant are welcome
- The work must be that of the entrant
- No entry will be eligible that has been made under the supervision of an instructor or as a class assignment
- Images submitted must be no larger than 2000 pixels wide
- All entrants must be able to supply a high resolution image (300dpi)
- Copyright of the images remains with the photographer - The Societies recognises that the entrant, the author of the photograph, retains complete and full ownership of the copyright in each submission
- Entries can be used for publicity purposes only by The Societies and may be printed in our magazine Professional Imagemaker
- Competition Closed
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The Societies of Photographers Convention and Trade Show at The Hilton London Metropole Hotel ...
You have 0 days until The Societies of Photographers Convention starting on Wednesday 10th January 2018 Prizes
- One year Free Membership of any of our Societies - which includes: entry to all of our membership only competitions - unrestricted access to our members photography forum – listing on our directory - image mentoring - qualifications and distinctions through submission of images - the winner will also receive our magazine Professional Imagemaker for 12 months
No cash alternatives will be given
View winning images HERE
Photo Quote: I tried to keep both arts alive, but the camera won. I found that while the camera does not express the soul, perhaps a photograph can! - Ansel Adams