It is approaching the end of the 2006/07 tax year is there anything I need to be aware of regarding year end tax planning. - part 1 of 1 2

Published 01/02/2007

Unfortunately there is very little tax planning available, however, the following is a summary of some simple things that can be done:

Inheritance Tax

· Annual exemption - Gifts of £3000 per year can be made free from Inheritance tax,. An unused exemption can be carried forward 1 year so that a total of £6000 could be gifted. For a husband and wife this could total £12,000.
· Children got married - then a gift of £5000 per parent can be made in year of marriage.
· Grand kids got married - then a gift of £2500 per grandparent can be made in year of marriage.
· Consider utilising the use of the annual IHT nil band (currently £285000) either by making gifts as above or inserting appropriate clause in your will.


· Invest in an ISA before 5 April 2007and take advantage of the taxfree savings it allows.
· Consider transferring income-generating assets between spouse/partner to the person with the lowest income.
· Look at tax-free investments offered from National Savings.

You are currently on page 1
1st Published 01/02/2007
last update 06/11/2019 11:05:43

More Business Articles

The Societies of Photographers Convention and Trade Show at The Novotel London West, Hammersmith ...
You have 307 days until The Societies of Photographers Convention starting on Wednesday 16th March 2022

Feb 0732Professional Image Maker

Professional Photo magazine - Professional Photographer of the Year competition now open for entries. £8000 worth of prizes to be won!