Leiths at Beaulieu
Leiths at Beaulieu
John Montagu Building
tel:- +44 1590 614769
fax:- +44 1590 612961
web address:- www.leithsatbeaulieu.co.uk
Leiths at Beaulieu :-
Venue type - Historical Building
Venue type - Historic Building
Venue type - Stately Home
Other title: Motor Museum
Number of function rooms available for weddings: 7
Function room names and capacities:
Domus Conservatorium 150
National Motor Museum 250
Lower Drawing Room of Palace House 60
Lower Dining Room of Palace House 60
Picture Gallery in Palace House 40
Brabazon Restaurant 300
Top Gear Dome 60
Master Builder's House Hotel
Chewton Glen Hotel
De Vere Grand Harbour Hotel
Jurys Inn, Southampton
Choice of wedding breakfast menus - Yes
Alcohol License - Yes
Dedicated wedding planner available - Yes
Licensed for Civil Ceremonies - Yes
Dance Floor - Yes
Evening Reception Facilities - Yes
Car Parking Facilities - Yes
Gardens or outside locations suitable for wedding photography: We have a range of beautiful locations suitable for wedding photography. The most popular is the area inside the ruins of the Cloisters, which were part of a Cistercian Monastery founded in 1204. Wild flowers have established themselves in the walls over the centuries, so in the Spring and Summer, the walls are covered in tumbling plants such as lobelia and buttercups. In addition, the archways provide for more sheltered shots if it is raining.
The Bride and Groom are also permitted to use Lord Montagu's garden for photographs, which contains a fountain and a wisteria-covered walkway, among other flowerbeds and trees.
If your Wedding takes place in Palace House, there are plenty of photo opportunities in and around the House, which is decorated in elegant Victorian style, and even contains an original painting of William Shakespeare because of his connection with the Montagu family.
Venue special features: There is free parking available for up to 1500 cars.
Venue History: In 1204, King John founded a Cistercian Monastery by the Beaulieu River because of a nightmare he had in which he was being beaten by a group of Cistercian Monks, but in 1538, King Henry VIII dissolved the Monastery and sold off the land to his Courtier, Thomas Wriothsley. The original gatehouse to the Monastery was turned into a mansion, and the only other buildings left were the Refectory (now Beaulieu Parish Church) and the building where the Lay Brothers used to sleep (now the Domus Conservatorium).
In the 17th Century, the Beaulieu Estate passed into the hands of the Montagu family, who have lived there ever since. In 1952, Lord Montagu opened part of the Palace House to the public, with just a few cars in the hall, and since then, the site around the house has gradually grown into a large complex containing the National Motor Museum in its own building, which was opened in 1972, the Palace House and Gardens, the Abbey Ruins and Exhibition, the Top Gear Exhibition, and several other exhibitions and rides.
More Wedding Venues in Hampshire
We also have a list of Wedding Cars in Hampshire
To update the information for Leiths at Beaulieu please use this form