Rules of the Monthly Image Competition
- Entrant must have captured and created the original exposure.
- All digital manipulation must have been performed by the entrant.
- Any images that violate copyright, trademark or any other applicable law will be disqualified.
- The entrant’s name, or any other distinguishing marks, must not appear on the face of the image.
- Only one image per category per month is to be entered.
- No entry will be eligible that has been made under the supervision of an instructor or as a class assignment.
- No image that receives a Gold award or a Merit in the 20x16"annual competition may be entered more than once under any condition.
- No exact same image may be entered into more than one category.
- Any images uploaded which are not correctly named will be automatically disqualified.
- Any entry which has been reproduced from an existing photograph, portrait, graphic or any other artwork produced by another person is a violation of the competition rules and will be disqualified.
- Entrants agree that any photograph entered may be used by The Societies and or Professional Imagemaker in any of the publications, printed materials, or electronic media. Also the image may be used for promotional use by The Societies, unless otherwise agreed.
- Images entered into Wedding Avant Garde and Wedding Classical must have been taken on the day the register was signed and must be commissioned work only.
- Prizes will not be awarded if the winner does not attend the annual awards presentation or provides an acceptable reason for absence.
- By uploading and entering in to The Societies' Monthly Image Competition, You agree to have read and fully understood the Rules of the Competition and Category Definitions.
- Only open to current Societies' Members
- We reserve the right to: change or modify the rules without notice.
To upload your competition entries, follow these simple instructions
- To prepare your images for upload please open with an appropriate program.
- Make sure your image is 2,000 pixels on the longest side and there are no names or distinguishing marks on the entry. No bigger than 2,000 pixels on the longest side
- Select ‘Save for Web’ from the menu and ensure that the following information is entered as the file name: Your_Name_Category_Month_Country_Year_MembershipNumber.jpg i.e. Colin_Jones_landscape_August _Wales_14_00001.jpg
- Click the following link The Societies Monthly Image Competition
- Go to login - Forgotten the login instructions? - no problem visit the Forum
- You will now be able to upload your images.
- Go to 'Upload File'
- Click on Album and choose the category
- Browse for the image that you would like to enter and double click.
- Click the Submit button at the foot of the page to upload the image.
- To submit more images (to other categories) go to 'Upload File'
Failure to title your image as above will result in your images being deleted also upload only one image per category. Max file size 2MB.
Reasons why you may not be able to log on or upload
Cache full on your PC
Your ISP Proxy Server
Broadband connection speed may have dropped
Cookies should be enabled
Security setting set to high
Firewall settings to high
Too many programmes open at the same time on your PC
Our server may be busy with other members uploading
Plus about another 1,000,000 other possible reasons
You could try login on from a different computer
Remember to log out before leaving the site.
Possible reasons why files will not upload
No category chosen
File too big (keep below 2MB)
Image over 2,000 pixels on the longest side
Image contains exif data
2017 Monthly Image Competition Categories:
Advertising and Commercial | Architectural | Boudoir and Beauty | Bump to
Baby | Children | Digital Art | Events | Fashion |
Landscapes | Macro and Close-up | Media and Documentary |
Monochrome | Nature | Open Avant Garde | Pet Portrait |
Pictorial and Fine Art | Portrait Avant Garde | Portrait
Environmental | Portrait Studio | Sport | Street Photography
| Travel | Wedding Avant Garde | Wedding Photojournalistic |
Wedding Classical | Wildlife
Click here for the Category Definitions
Link to upload page: The Societies' Monthly Image Competition
Photo Quote: We take language into our minds; we read words in the same internal voice with which we think, remember, pray. But when we look at paintings or photographs, the reverse is true. If the image corresponds to our most intensely personal, yet archetypal, yearnings and memories, we don't take the image in, we move out of ourselves into the image, as though it were another world, a hologram whose forms of light are ghostly angels, or a dream whose physical reality is suggested by what we see on the surface of a canvas or a page. We connect with the image as though we had lost it within our own memories and are now surprised to find it represented outside ourselves, vital and luminous, charged with energy. - Jayne Anne Phillips